Some of the highlights include:
- Week 14: He is about 4 ½ inches from head to toe.
- Week 18-22: Your baby is very active now. You may begin to feel movements.
- Week 20: In the middle of the second trimester, your baby's gender can be determined by an ultrasound.
- Week 22: He weighs nearly one pound and measures about 10 ½ inches from head to toe.
- Week 26: He measures about 13 inches from head to toe and weighs about 2 ¼ pounds. He is capable of responding to touch and sound.
In the Know
Being informed eases anxiety. Woman’s has everything you need to know, including childbirth and baby care classes to help you prepare, including:
- Watch our orientation tour video of Woman’s Hospital
- Register for classes that you will want to schedule during your second trimester
- High-Risk Pregnancy resources
- Opioid Misuse (GRACE Program)
Time to Get Active
Weight gain, increased belly size and relaxed ligaments all contribute to aches and pains during pregnancy. Now is a good time to sign up for Fitness Membership and attend prenatal fitness classes. The benefits include:
- Better sleep
- Decreased anxiety
- Increased energy
- Lower risk of gestational diabetes and high blood pressure
- Reduced aches and pains
Complete the pre-registration form online once you know you are pregnant. You won’t have to think about this again until about 45 days before your due date, when you will come to Woman’s Hospital to complete your OB Express registration and sign consent forms.