Spend time together.
Other members of your family may feel left out because you and your new baby are receiving so much attention. Include them in your baby’s care and let them have time with the baby. Make sure they know that you still love them even though you have to give most of your attention to your baby.
Here are some tips:
- Try to continue doing some of the things that you did together before your baby was born.
- Find time to be alone as a couple.
- If you have other children, you may be worried about how they’ll react to the new baby. Your other children may act jealous or may begin to do things that you thought they had outgrown.
- Be sure to include your other children in your baby’s care. Show them that you love them just as much as before your baby was born.
- Friends and family can help by focusing on the mother’s wellbeing.
If you need immediate assistance:
- Call your doctor
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency department
- Call The Phone (crisis line) at 225-924-3900