Either you or your physician's office will schedule your pre-surgery visit. During this process, we gather information about your medical and surgical history, and provide instructions about how to prepare for your upcoming surgery. We work to be as efficient as possible; however, this appointment can take one or two hours.
We encourage all patients to schedule an office visit. However, with your physician's approval we are able to pre-register over the phone.
Your admission paperwork is done at this time, including signing consent forms and legal documents required for each hospital admission.
Please bring the following:
- Your complete medical and surgical history.
- A list of all medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, and dosage information.
- A list of any allergies to medicines, food, latex, dust, pollen or other sources.
- The names and telephone numbers of your primary care physician and any specialists you are seeing.
- Your insurance card and driver's license.
- A copy of your Health Care Proxy or Living Will, if applicable.
During your visit, you will:
- Complete forms about your health.
- Be weighed and have your height measured.
- Complete any tests requested by your doctor, which can include vital signs, blood tests, urine tests and/or an EKG.
- Undergo a nursing assessment and receive pre- and post-operative information about your surgery.