Survivorship & Support
Newly Diagnosed or Beaten Cancer - You’re a Survivor
Woman’s Cancer Survivorship program will help you maintain your quality of life as you transition from diagnosis to wellness.
Prevention, Education & Supportive Treatment
We believe you should have the support and guidance through every phase of survivorship. This includes care coordination, emotional support, and a compassionate environment to share your story with other women who have survived cancer.
- Patient Navigators: Beginning with diagnosis and continuing through survivorship, our nurses provide guidance and support during your cancer journey.
- High-Risk Clinic: Risk reduction education provided for those that qualify.
- Cancer Rehabilitation Therapy: We work together to develop a personalized rehabilitation plan that supports your recovery.
- Oncology Nutrition: Give your body the nutrition it needs to heal. Meet us for individualized counseling and classes.
- Lymphedema: Prevention and controlling lymphedema play an important role in his condition. Contact us for pre-surgery lymphedema measures or treatment therapy.
- Osteoporosis/Bone Health: Because medications may cause bone loss, dexa scans and bone building exercises can be recommended.
- Pelvic Floor Therapy: Our physical therapists are trained to determine the best treatment for you. Is therapy right for you?
- Support Groups: Join us for cancer care and survivorship support groups, events or classes. Gain help to cope with the emotional aspects of cancer.
Feeling good about yourself and your life is important to cancer care. Support your recovery with resources including:
- Look Good Feel Better: Select from dates and topics offered for these virtual classes.
- 3D Areola Tattooing: Some women choose to have a nipple tattooed on the reconstructed breast.
- Exercise: Our Yoga, Tai Chi, Nia fitness classes are designed to help women who have survived cancer improve their fitness and physical ability.
- Massage: Massage therapy can help you relax and can lessen the side effects cancer treatment, such as pain and fatigue.
- Skin Care & Makeup: During cancer treatment and even afterwards, the change in appearance can result in physical and emotional challenges. Let us help you feel comfortable.
- Online resources: Woman’s cancer specialists recommend these online cancer resources to women and families that want to learn more about cancer and survivorship.
The Premier Cancer Treatment Destination for Women
The Breast and GYN Pavilion unites Woman’s experts in women’s health with cancer specialists from Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center and Our Lady of the Lake in one location, designed with women in mind.