Items You Should Pack
Plan ahead to be sure you have everything you need during your stay at Woman’s. Whether you are having outpatient surgery or will be staying several days, knowing what to pack saves time and worry.
So that we can take care of you and your special needs, please communicate any requests you may have to the nurse during your admission process. It’s important to clearly mark personal items with your name.
Packing for Your Overnight Stay
If you will be staying overnight in the hospital, plan to pack the following:
- Comfortable loose-fitting clothes and cotton underpants; waistbands should be loose and comfortable
- Glasses case or contact lenses case and supplies, if you wear them
- Inhaler, if you have asthma (Leave all other medications at home)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Slippers (We recommend slippers that you can just slide on your feet)
- Your advance directive (living will), if you have one
- Any special medical equipment that you use (such as walkers, canes, braces or special shoes)