We know that our community's health goes far beyond our hospital walls. Based on our region's need and the services we provide, Woman's collaborates with the Mayor-President's HealthyBR initiative to address community health for East Baton Rouge Parish as well as Ascension and Livingston parishes.
Some of Woman’s other community care efforts include:
- Preventing mother-to-child HIV transmission through case management of HIV-positive mothers, including rapid-test technology.
- Providing each adult woman subjected to sexual assault with dignified professional care.
- Preventing and reducing health issues among women and children by increasing breastfeeding initiation, duration and education.
- Striving to be among the city's healthiest work forces through food choices in the hospital, wellness coaching and other strategies.
- Developing and distributing information concerning preconception planning and pregnancy spacing, both hospital-provided and in conjunction with the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, in order to improve birth outcomes.
- Providing nonjudgmental, compassionate care coordination to those struggling with opioid addiction in pregnancy.