Great changes are ahead, and you're not alone!
Bringing a new life into your own is a huge change. Woman's is with you every step of the way. We offer all the information and services you need as you make the journey to parenthood.
Before you become pregnant, it's important that both you and your partner are emotionally ready. Start by asking important questions about how a child will affect your relationship and your life.
Ten Questions to Ask Before You Become Pregnant
- Why do you want to become a parent?
- Are you ready to take on the responsibility of another person for at least the next 18 years?
- Is your partner ready to become a parent, too?
- Have you discussed the financial obligation of raising a child?
- How a child will affect your education or career plans?
- What are your child care options?
- Are you prepared to parent a child who is sick or has special needs?
- Are you ready to give up your free time and put the needs of another person before your own?
- Are you prepared to raise a child alone, if necessary?
- Have you and your partner discussed any religious or moral differences?
Once you decide to have a child, you'll want to know everything you can about pregnancy, childbirth and parenting. Books, trusted websites and friends who have traveled the parenting road before you are all excellent resources.
And of course Woman's is here for you throughout this exciting journey!