At Woman's, your surgery is in the hands of professionals who know your health well. We are, after all, the only hospital in the area focused on caring for women.
Our team has in-depth experience performing the specific surgeries you might need. And with that experience comes a healthy dose of friendly, compassionate care. The kind only Woman's can provide.
Your surgery will be more successful if you take an active role in both preparing for surgery and your recovery. There are several things you can do before your surgery to ensure the process goes smoothly.
On the day of your surgery, check in at Surgery to be admitted. You can avoid delay or cancellation of your surgery by making sure to:
- Arrive on time.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the hospital.
- Follow instructions regarding when to stop eating and drinking before your scheduled surgery time.
- Remove ALL body piercings and jewelry.
The preparation and recovery from your surgery will depend on the type of procedure you are having done.
Outpatient Surgery or Same Day Surgery
More than half of the surgeries at Woman’s Hospital are performed on an outpatient basis in our Same Day Surgery Center. Patients able to go home are cared for by our perioperative team.
Whether your surgery is considered outpatient surgery is determined by several factors:
- Complexity of the surgery
- Length of the surgery
- Whether you have other chronic health conditions that may complicate your recovery