Meeting our community's health needs.
We know that our community's health needs extend far beyond our hospital walls. Based on our region's need and the services we provide, Woman's collaborates with the Mayor-President's HealthyBR initiative to address community health for East Baton Rouge Parish as well as Ascension and Livingston parishes. Take a moment to review the our city’s 2015 Community Health Needs Assessment report [pdf] to see how we are working together to improve our community’s health.
Some of Woman’s individual efforts include:
- Preventing mother-to-child HIV transmission through case management of HIV-positive mothers, including rapid-test technology.
- Providing each adult woman subjected to sexual assault with dignified professional care.
- Preventing and reducing health issues among women and children by increasing breastfeeding initiation, duration and education.
- Striving to be among the city's healthiest work forces through food choices in the hospital, wellness coaching and other strategies.
- Developing and distributing information concerning preconception planning and pregnancy spacing, both hospital-provided and in conjunction with the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, in order to improve birth outcomes.
If you have comments and questions, please email us.