Menopause marks the end of a woman’s menstrual cycles. While menopause means no more periods, it can also mean a marked increase in the following symptoms:
- Rise in LDL cholesterol, possibly boosting the possibility of heart disease
- Decrease in bone mass can lead to osteoporosis
- Concentration problems
- Hot flashes
- Sexual dysfunction
- Weight gain due to insulin resistance
When does Menopause start?
- Menopause is diagnosed after 12 months without a menstrual period
- Menopause can happen in your 40s or 50s, but the average age is 51.
Make an appointment today. Woman’s Endocrinology Clinic. Call 225-924-8298.
Need a gynecologist? Choose a doctor who’s right for you.