BATON ROUGE, La. -- O’Neil “Jay” Parenton, MD, FACOG, has been elected to a one-year term as the Chief of the Medical Staff of Woman’s Hospital, the highest elected leadership position among the medical staff.
Dr. Parenton’s duties include the coordination of clinical improvement activities as well as chairing the Medical Executive Committee. As Chief of Staff, he will also serve on Woman’s Hospital Board of Directors.
A practicing obstetrician and gynecologist with Louisiana Women’s Healthcare, he is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Parenton graduated from Ross University School of Medicine in Dominica and completed his Ob-Gyn residency at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Baton Rouge. He is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Additional 2022 medical leadership at Woman’s includes:
- Emily Magee, MD, Vice Chief of Staff
- Kristin Chapman, MD, Secretary
- Allyson Boudreaux, MD, Chair of Ob/Gyn Clinical Service
- Mindy Bowie, MD, Chair of Surgery
- Stuart LeBas, MD, Chair of Medicine
- Beverly Ogden, MD, Chair of Cancer Clinical Service
- D. Stephen Sanches, MD, Chair of Pediatric Clinical Service