from the Medical Fitness Association
Woman’s Center for Wellness, a Woman’s Hospital facility that offers exercise, therapy, nutrition and spa services, has received facility certification from the Medical Fitness Association (MFA). The certification recognizes facilities that feature the professional expertise and programming necessary to safely and effectively provide medical exercise and promote health and wellness. Woman’s Center for Wellness is currently the only MFA-designated facility in Louisiana.
The facility certification process involved an in-depth review of the following key factors at Woman’s Center for Wellness:
- Certified and licensed staff
- Active and regular medical oversight
- Written policies and procedures concerning user safety and the ability to respond appropriately to all emergencies
- Disease management and prevention programs
- Health risk reduction and therapeutic lifestyle programs
- Individualized health screening
- Testing and outcome tracking
- Quality management, with a focus on measurable results
- A focus on improving community health
Woman’s Center for Wellness has implemented programs to serve prenatal and postnatal women, cancer survivors, those suffering with arthritis, and those at-risk for developing diabetes. The facility also offers several weight management options. With the aid of an in-house wellness navigator, members, patients and clients are easily transitioned between fitness, medical exercise and therapy.
In addition to receiving facility certification, the MFA has named Brooke Coogan, director of Woman’s Center for Wellness, as a Certified Fitness Facility Director. This certification recognizes Coogan’s knowledge of the fundamental operations of fitness facilities and understanding of the roles fitness facilities will play as healthcare migrates toward a population health model. To earn this credential, Coogan had to meet certain eligibility requirements related to minimum education and leadership standards as well as pass a rigorous examination.
For more information about Woman’s Center for Wellness, visit http://www.womans.org/wellness.