Did you know you have the right to choose where your pap smears and all lab work are processed?
Most decisions about your medical care are based on these lab results. Data from lab results, when identified early, play a significant role in treating cancer, HPV, STDs, diabetes, heart disease and more. When the stakes are that high, you want your lab work in the best and most experienced hands possible for the job. Who you choose to process your labs matters.
Speak up and tell your doctor that you choose Woman’s Lab!
- Experience: Woman’s lab performs more than 400,000 lab tests annually for men, women, children and infants.
- Expertise: All tests are performed by trained medical professionals and analyzed by the experts from the Pathology Group of Louisiana and the Cary Dougherty Cancer Detection Laboratory.
- Continuum of Care: If you are delivering your baby or having any type of surgery or treatment at Woman’s, having your labs processed here ensures that everyone on your care team has access to the information they need to provide the best care based on your individual needs.
- Low Cervical Cancer Death Rates: Woman’s has the second oldest pap lab in the nation, and our volume of analysis has resulted in one of the lowest death rates of cervical cancer in the U.S.
- Convenience: We are conveniently located on the Woman’s Hospital campus in the Physician Office Building, a short walk from your doctor’s office.
- Fast Turnaround Time: Most routine test results will be received by your provider the day after the tests are performed.
Woman’s Lab is a preferred provider of Blue Cross Blue Shield, and many other insurance carriers such as Aetna, CIGNA, Humana, United Healthcare, Vantage, Wellcare.
Call 225-924-8290 if you have questions about coverage for your lab work.