Presented by: Baton Rouge Perinatal Counseling
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and define perinatal loss in hospital setting.
- Discuss patient trauma response.
- Practice "bad news" communication skills and competency.
- Illustrate use of the warm hand off referral process.
- Examine how to respond to your own psychological triggers to distress and loss.
RN: 1.5 contact hours is awarded for this offering by Woman’s Hospital Baton Rouge, LA, an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing, Provider #19. You must attend the entire offering and complete the evaluation form to receive the contact hours.
MD: The Woman’s Hospital is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Woman’s Hospital, Baton Rouge, designates this live CME for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 TM . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you have a disability recognized by the ADA and would like assistance in registering or attending this offering, please call 225-231-5292.