Facing Fear of Recurrence
Join us for a 3-part series* tailored for cancer survivors who have completed treatment. This series will share guidance and information for those who may struggle with concerns about facing cancer again in the future. Each session will be held at Woman’s Cancer Pavilion on the 2nd floor. * Attendees do not have to attend all classes.
Modifiable Factors that Reduce the Risk of Cancer Recurrence
October 7, 2022 | 12:00–1:00 pm
Dr. Tammy Dupuy
- Overview of the factors that may contribute to cancer recurrence and the methods of reducing risk of recurrence.
Managing Fear with Watchful Waiting
October 14, 2022 | 12:00–1:00 pm
Shelisa Cager, RN, OCN and Steve Wilson, Pastoral Care
- Overview of realistic and unrealistic fears
- Use of education and follow up appointments for fear reduction
- Preparing for conversations with healthcare professionals
- Use of spirituality for fear reduction
Reducing the Fear of Recurrence
October 21, 2022 | 12:00–1:00 pm
Robin Maggio, LCSW, OSW-C, ACHP-SW
- Learn specific techniques to minimize fear and maximize life.
BONUS session for those already registered
Pamper the Survivor
October 28, 2022 | Noon–2:00 pm
Location: Atrium Garden Area and Atrium Conference Room at Woman's Cancer Pavilion, 2nd floor
- Join us for yoga, meditation, mini facials, wig trials, fashion tips, door prizes and more! This event is tailored for cancer survivors who have completed treatment.