Attention Medicaid Members
Starting January 1, 2023, there will be six health plans available to Louisiana Medicaid. This change adds a sixth health plan, Humana Healthy Horizons, to the five currently available health plans: Aetna Better Health, Amerihealth Caritas, Healthy Blue Louisiana, Louisiana Healthcare Connections and UnitedHealthcare.
Your Health Plan May Change
Before the January 1, 2023 launch, most Medicaid members will be auto-assigned a health plan. This auto-assigned health plan may be different from your current health plan or remain the same.
The changes do not affect your Medicaid coverage. If you have a dental health plan, it will not change.
What Should I Do?
- Inform your healthcare providers and pharmacy about any changes in your Medicaid Plan.
- Keep your contact information up to date with Medicaid, so you don’t miss important mail and updates. To update your contact information, contact Medicaid or your health plan provider.
- Download the free Healthy Louisiana app to get notifications and be able to make changes right from your phone or tablet.
- Watch for member updates at www.healthy.la.gov.
What If I Want To Keep My Assigned Health Plan?
If you want to keep your auto-assigned health plan, you do not have to do anything. That health plan will start on January 1, 2023.
What If I Want To Change My Health Plan?
You can change your health or dental plan in one of five ways:
- Online: Log into your account or create one at MyPlan.healthy.la.gov/enroll
- Mobile App: Download the free Healthy Louisiana mobile app
- Phone: Call 1-855-229-6848 (TTY: 1-855-526-3346)
- Fax: Send the enrollment form that came with your letter to 1-888-858-3875
- Mail: Send the enrollment form that came with your letter to PO Box 1097, Atlanta, GA 30301-9913