Visiting hours are from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM. All support persons must be 18 years of age or older and will be required to wear a mask. Patients are asked to contact their physician’s office for policies about visitation at doctor visits.
Woman’s sets the standard of excellence when it comes to protecting your health. Our 3-phased approach includes some of the leading technologies in the nation.
We know this is a challenging time. To keep you informed, watch our Facebook video discussions.
- Will I have to go through screening before my doctor's appointment? Yes, all patients will be required to go through screening. Screening involves answering a few questions. Visitors are not allowed for outpatient visits.
- What are the visitor restrictions for doctor appointments? Patients should contact their individual physician offices for information on policies regarding visitation at doctor visits.
- Can I still come to my doctor if I have fever or symptoms of respiratory illness? If you have fever or symptoms of respiratory illness please do not come to campus. Contact your doctor before leaving home for instructions.
- Will I have to go through screening before entering the hospital? Yes, all patients and visitors will be required to go through screening before entering the hospital.
- Is there an age limit for visitors? No children are allowed as visitors.
- How many visitors am I allowed? Hospital patients may have two support persons during visiting hours (7 AM-9 PM) and one support person for the duration of their stay. Pregnant patients are allowed two support persons at all times during labor and delivery.
- Will I be required to wear a face mask? All patients and their support person are required to wear a surgical face mask while in the hospital, unless alone inside the patient room.
- Can I order food delivery? Yes, but you must go outside to receive your delivery.
- Can flowers still be delivered to patients? Yes. You can order flowers from Woman’s Gift Shop by calling 225-924-8159 or delivery vendors will drop off blooms at the hospital’s main entrance.
- How many visitors am I allowed? Pregnant patients are allowed two support persons at all times during labor and delivery.
- Will my support person be allowed to stay overnight? Yes, up to two support persons are allowed to stay at all times during labor and delivery. Upon delivery, regular visitation hours will be enforced.
- If I am pregnant and have a cold or present COVID-19 symptoms will I still be cared for? Yes, Woman’s will care for both you and your baby.
- If I am COVID-positive or under investigation for COVID-19, will I be allowed visitors in the hospital? At this time, we are not allowing visitors for patients that have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are still under investigation. Please speak directly with your nurse once you arrive at the hospital.
- Is the NICU visitation policy different? Yes. Only parents, or a mother and a designated significant other, over the age of 12 will be allowed into the NICU. You will not be able to change the designated significant other.
Below are managed care organizations’ policies and guidelines related to COVID 19.
Healthy Louisiana (Medicaid plans)