Dr. Edward Veillon was born in Opelousas, Louisiana, raised in Eunice, and lived in Lafayette while attending high school at the Episcopal School of Acadiana. He received his medical degree from LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport and then spent 7 years in Jackson, Mississippi where he completed his training in OB/GYN and then receiving a Masters degree in Maternal Fetal Medicine. He lives with his wife and four children in Baton Rouge. His strives to provide both informative and compassionate care to those expecting mothers and fathers whose unborn child may be affected by a serious or sometimes lethal condition.
Dr. Veillon and his partners care for women who enter a pregnancy with any preexisting medical conditions, ranging from common conditions such as hypertension and diabetes, to more complex congenital heart disease and cancer.
They also manage pregnancy specific conditions such as multi-fetal gestations (twins, triplets, quads, etc.), preterm labor/cervical insufficiency, preeclampsia, and invasive placental disease (placenta accreta).
Dr. Veillon, along with his partners, is dedicated to guiding and supporting patients and their families through pregnancy.
Woman’s MFM team staffs clinics in Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, Monroe, Hammond, Covington and Thibodaux.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- OB/GYN: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ultrasound diagnosis and clinical management of common and rare fetal anomalies and genetic conditions
- Fetal growth restriction
- Surgical management for placenta accreta/percreta
- Amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), Fetal blood transfusions and other therapeutic fetal interventions
- Twins, Triplets, and Quads including Twin-to-Twin transfusion