Schedule an Appointment
Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. Call 225-924-8604 to speak with the Center.
As part of your surgery preparation, you or your physician’s office will schedule an appointment in our Pre-Surgery Center.
We’re Here to Help
Our Pre-Surgery Center staff will assist you with:
- Completing your admission paperwork and signing any consent forms.
- Scheduling tests requested by your doctor. Tests vary depending on your health and type of surgery, but can include vital signs, blood tests, urine tests and/or an EKG.
- A complete a nursing assessment, including pre- and post-operative information about your surgery.
- Payment of any co-pay or deductible for your surgery. If you are unable to pay this portion at the appointment, contact our financial counselor to make arrangements. Payments may be made by cash, check or credit card.
Prepare for Your Appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your complete medical and surgical history
- A list of all medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, including dosage information
- A list of allergies to medicines, food, latex, dust, pollen or other sources
- The names and telephone numbers of your primary care physician and any specialists you are seeing
- Your insurance card and driver's license
- A copy of your Health Care Proxy or Living Will, if applicable
Your Pre-Surgery Center appointment can take one or two hours. For this reason, we suggest you do not bring young children with you to this appointment.