Is your child having difficulty...
- Understanding speech?
- Pronouncing words accurately?
- Finding words to express wants and needs?
- Following directions?
- Remembering facts or details?
- Swallowing due to a medical problem?
Discuss these issues with your physician, who may refer you to Woman’s Center for Wellness speech and language pathologists.
Our speech and language pathologists are licensed by the Louisiana Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology and certified by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association.
Speech and language pathologists also manage:
- Deficits in language caused by stroke and brain injury
- Swallowing disorders that can accompany neurological trauma
- Evaluating swallowing ability and recommending diets and strategies to improve swallowing deficits
Speech and language therapies include:
- VitalStim Therapy
- Speech and Language Rehabilitation Therapy
- Aural Rehabilitation Therapy
- Augmentative-Alternative Communication Therapy
- Swallowing Therapy