While this is not the time to start a new high intensity fitness program, it is a terrific time to focus on your health. If you've always been active, you don't have to cut back now that you're expecting. Always check with your doctor to be sure that your desired level of activity is safe during your pregnancy.
Healthy & Fit Pregnancy at Woman's
Woman's offers you everything you need as you become healthy and fit for pregnancy and childbirth, including:
- Prenatal and postnatal exercise and relaxation classes.
- A Fitness Club with services and programs specifically designed for the unique fitness, rehabilitation and wellness needs of women.
- Nutritional guidance, including private consultations, classes and programs designed to help you make the right nutritional choices.
- Specific information on pre-pregnancy nutrition so you can start your healthy eating plan right away.
- Guidance on preparing emotionally for pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood.
Start Preparing For Pregnancy Now
- Take a multivitamin with 400 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid every day before pregnancy.
- Get a pre-pregnancy checkup, including a dental checkup.
- Eat healthy foods, maintain a healthy weight and get fit.
- Stop smoking and avoid secondhand smoke.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Don't use illegal drugs.
- Avoid infections, because some can harm a fetus.
- Avoid hazardous substances and chemicals.
- Talk to your healthcare provider about your family history, genetics and birth defects.
- Avoid stress.