What information do I need to bring with me to the lab?
- A completed order form or prescription from your doctor
- Your insurance card and information
- A photo ID
- Any papers your doctor instructs you to bring to the appointment
How long will my visit last?
We make every effort to make your visit as quick as possible, and patients are served on a first come, first served basis. If there are no other patients ahead of you, it will generally take 15 to 20 minutes to complete your paperwork, registration and collect your blood specimen, if indicated
Do I need to make an appointment for lab work?
No appointments are needed for lab work as Woman’s provides service on a first-come, first served basis.
Do I need to fast?
- Fasting: Your physician's office will give you instructions and any special preparations needed for your testing. Please check with your physician.
- Tests that are affected by your diet, such as blood sugar or lipids (triglyceride, cholesterol), generally require that you have nothing to eat or drink for 10 hours prior to having your blood drawn. However, it is usually allowable for you to take any prescription medications with a small amount of water. Please check with your physician.
How long should I fast?
If your doctor did not tell you how long to fast, then you should not eat or drink for approximately 10 hours prior to the test. Fasting means you should not eat or drink any liquids except for water.
When will my lab results be ready?
Most routine tests results will be received by your provider the day after the tests are performed. However, certain tests, such as glucose tolerance, may take several days to be completed and those results will then be sent to your doctor's office.
How do I get a copy of my lab results?All laboratory results are sent to the physician requesting the tests. Please contact your physician who ordered the tests, or Woman’s Health Information Management office at 225-924-8127.
Who should I contact with billing questions?
- For questions regarding your Woman’s bill, please contact us at 225-924-8106.
- For questions regarding a professional services bill from the Pathology Group of Louisiana, call 225-769-9993.