Nutrition is one of the primary keys to good health. But, how can you be sure you’re following the right plan for your unique health needs and lifestyle?
Woman’s Hospital offers private consultations, classes, and programs designed to help you make the right nutritional choices for you, as well as your family. These nutritional departments are available for your needs:
With one-on-one nutrition counseling, as well as group programs, Woman’s medical nutrition can offer solutions and strategies for your specific disease states and help achieve a healthier you. Call our registered dietitians at 225-924-8425.
Should you require an overnight hospital stay, Woman’s can help you understand your body’s individual nutritional needs and meet any diet plan. Call our registered dietitians at 225-924-8425.
Weight Loss & Sports Nutrition
These nutrition programs offered by the Woman’s Center for Wellness are ideal for the woman looking for weight management options and programs to improve their health and stamina. Lose weight fast with our Ideal Protein® Weight Loss Program. Call our registered dietitians at 225-924-8313.
Nutrition and Lifestyle
to schedule your appointment
“Customized Guidance Centered on Your Needs”
We’re available to provide guidance for nutritional needs related to specific health concerns, such as:
- Obesity and weight management
- Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery)
- Celiac Disease
- Heart health (hypertension, elevated triglycerides, high cholesterol)
- Food Allergies
- Lactose Intolerance
- Kidney Disease
- Metabolic health (Diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome – PCOS, insulin resistance, hypoglycemia)
- Sports Nutrition Cancer (decreased appetite, dry mouth, constipation, loose stools)
- Healthy Eating
- Pregnancy (hyperemesis, gestational diabetes gestational hypertension, weight management, gallbladder and kidney issues)
- Pediatric nutrition counseling for Failure to Thrive, childhood obesity, and food sensitivities.
All of Woman's nutritional programs are staffed by Registered Dietitians (RD's). A registered dietitian is a food and nutrition expert who has the educational background and training to help you manage your nutritional health.
At the hospital, registered dietitians may meet with our inpatents and outpatients for their special dietary needs.
Nutrition Wellness Programs
Woman's dietitians offers one-on-one solutions and strategies for weight loss and weight management, and enhances your ability to maintain your health and stamina.
Classes such as cooking are offered to help individuals meet their nutritional needs in a group setting.