How to Find The Right Pediatrician For You
|How to Find the Right Pediatrician for You questionnaire [pdf]|
Personal preference plays an important role in finding the right pediatrician for you and your new baby. We’ve put together a short list of things to consider when choosing a pediatrician.
One of the first things you should consider is if you would like a single physician practice where you see the same pediatrician each time you visit, or a large practice where you might see several different pediatricians.
Remember the physical location of the practice and its convenience is important.
Don’t forget to talk to friends and family, and ask their advice.
Here are a few direct questions you may want to ask once you’ve narrowed down your choices
- How are after-hour illnesses handled, including Saturday and Sundays?
- Can I get a same-day appointment for a sick child
- What is the doctor’s philosophy regarding antibiotics?
- How long will I wait to be seen on an average day?
- Does the doctor accept my insurance plan?
- What hospital(s) does the doctor admit to and visit?
- What is the doctor’s philosophy on recommended immunizations?
- What is the doctor’s opinion of alternative care or homeopathic treatment?
- As a parent, how am I involved in deciding my child’s care?
- How does the doctor feel about breastfeeding/bottle feeding for newborns?
Doctor Directory: Physicians with privileges at Woman's, searchable by name, group, or specialty