An inability to conceive at any phase of a woman’s life can be an emotionally stressful experience. Having a clear understanding of you options will help you make well-informed decisions about how best to try and have a baby.
To help you make your decisions, Woman’s Hospital maintains an exclusivity arrangement with A Woman’s Center for Reproductive Medicine, a full service fertility clinic capable of performing diagnosis and treatment for any fertility problem in a competitive and cost efficient manner when compared to any other certified clinic in the USA.
With these resources, there is not a better-qualified place in Baton Rouge to begin your fertility journey than at Woman’s.
Located within Woman’s Hospital, A Woman’s Center for Reporductive Medicine is led by fertility expert Dr. Bobby Webster. Bringing you their experience and training, the center is the area's first certified facility dedicated to the field of reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
The center offers basic fertility diagnosis and treatment to the most advanced reproductive technologies, including:
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) with blastocyst transfer
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and chromosomal screening
- Ovulation induction with intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Other technologies including minimally invasive surgical treatment of endometriosis
Patients may first seek treatment with AWCRM directly or by referral after treatment by non-specialists has failed to achieve a pregnancy. The older the female, the more important it becomes in terms of achieving success and wasting as little time as possible.
Dr. Bobby Webster, developer and director of the center, is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as reproductive endocrinology and fertility. Dr. Webster is joined by an expert staff of nurses and clinicians.
Often, an appointment can be scheduled at the center with only a short wait.
Care for Multiple Births
Sometimes fertility treatments result in multiple births. In this case, Woman’s is prepared to handle any medical situation. When a woman is diagnosed with multiples, she is automatically referred to Woman’s Maternal-Fetal Medicine experts.
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists work with your obstetrician to offer care for all types of medical conditions. Your obstetrician may refer you to the center for testing, consultation or management of care. A physician referral is required.
- Baby Grand: Woman's hosts local vendors, including fertility services, at this bi-annual event. Educational information on a wide range of maternity topics is offered to the public.
- Fertility Reunion: This annual event reunites all the patients born at Woman’s through fertility assistance. Parents and children are invited to celebrate their success.