Weight Loss Surgery: Our Program
If you're considering weight loss surgery, also called bariatric surgery, you can rely upon the team at Woman's to be there for you every step of the way.
Register now for our FREE seminar, Weight Loss Surgery: What You Should Know >>
From making the decision to have surgery, to helping you understand your nutritional needs before and after the procedure, to achieving and maintaining a physically active post-surgery lifestyle, we're here to help make sure you reach your goals safely and effectively. And, if you decide to have body contouring surgery later, we can help you with that, too.
Woman's Comprehensive Team
We've developed a comprehensive team to help--starting with our Weight Loss Surgery Coordinator, an experienced Registered Nurse. She is available to help you understand the process and assist with deciding whether this is the right choice for you.
In addition, our team includes physicians, an expert surgical staff, and registered dietitians are committed to you before and well after surgery.
Financing is an option that can help you take that first step to a healthier lifestyle.
Support group meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Conference Room 3 located in Woman’s Hospital.
Understanding the Expectations
Weight loss surgery can alter your relationships with other people, your feelings about yourself, and your whole way of living. While weight loss surgery has a direct and dramatic effect on the body, the psychological effects of the surgery almost outnumber the physical expectations. And while most of these effects are positive, there are possible complications. Browse photo galleries or view as slide shows >>
As a woman, shouldn’t you choose the region’s only specialty hospital dedicated solely to women?
Our cash pay weight loss surgery fee includes:
- General labs (CBC, CMP, PT/PTT, lipid panel, urinalysis, and pregnancy test if applicable)
- Chest x-ray and Upper GI series (barium swallow)
- EKG and Oxygen saturation test
- Pulmonary function test (if applicable)
- Pre-operative pathology services
- Pre-operative imaging/radiology services
- Three visits with the registered dietitian (one at discharge and two as outpatient)
- Telephone appointment with the pre-surgery registered nurse
- Operating room
- Implantable device (for Gastric Banding)
- Recovery room
- Overnight hospital room stay (three night for Gastric Bypass, one night for Vertical Sleeve, and one night for Gastric Banding, if needed)
- 90 day BLIS medical complication coverage protection plan (if participating surgeon)
Request more information
Complete this form >>
“Following my weight loss surgery 10 weeks ago, I've already lost 66 pounds!”
Our cash pay fee does not include:
- Physician fees (surgeon, PCP, mental health professional, additional/post-operative pathology or imaging/radiology services)
- Surgeon assistant fees
- Additional labs required by your physician such as (but not limited to) thyroid function, h. pylori, glycosulated hemoglobin, vitamin/mineral levels
- Additional x-rays, CT, MRI, ultrasound (pre-operatively or post-operatively)
- Additional procedures, such as, but not limited to, hernia repair
- Complications associated with the weight loss procedure
- Additional overnight hospital stay(s)
- Additional testing, labs, procedures, etc., can be filed with personal health insurance