New Hospital Campus Location and Facts
Woman’s Hospital studied and planned for future growth. The new state-of-the-art facility is located approximately 5 miles from our current campus, at the corner of Airline Highway and Stumberg, near Pecue Lane.
100 Woman's Way
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
Our patient rooms were designed by our staff and were featured in Healthcare Design. Rather than use the traditional rectangular patient room, our staff designed a patient room that is specifically for our types of patients - they are large, bright and designed so that the patient, her family and our staff each have different "zones" to allow freedom of movement and privacy.
- Five-story hospital building (approximately 497,000 square feet)
- Two medical office buildings (approximately 249,000 square feet in total); includes space for ambulatory surgery center and cancer treatment center
- Two-story support services building (approximately 69,000 square feet)
- Two-story central energy plant building (approximately 23,000 square feet)
- Approximately 85 acres
Here’s a picture of how the site looked from the air on March 4. This angle shows how the new Stumberg will intersect Airline and attach to Woman’s Way via a roundabout.
Amenities and Service Improvements:
- All patient rooms are nearly 400 square feet and specially designed for our services, most with views of nature
- Convenient parking for hospital patients and visitors
- All NICU patients have private rooms
- Campus includes 1.25 mile walking trail around a lake
- Generous distribution of family resource and waiting spaces
- Improved cafeteria facilities including covered outdoor dining alongside a beautiful waterfront plaza
- Expanded conference room and meeting facilities
- Use of local contractors as possible
- Approximately 450 construction jobs
- Began site work in June of 2008
- Began steel work in December 2008
- Opened August 5, 2012
A pioneer in women’s specialty hospitals, the newly constructed Woman’s Hospital is distinctive in design and function. All of our patient rooms were designed with input from staff and patients to create an ideal room.
Woman's Hospital selected HKS, Inc., from Dallas in association with Ford | Dickinson, AAC of Baton Rouge as the architectural firms to develop the new campus. HKS is among the top healthcare architectural firms in the country.
The construction management team included JE Dunn Construction Group, Austin; Milton J. Womack, Inc., Baton Rouge; and Arkel Constructors, Baton Rouge.
Additionally, ccrd partners of Dallas worked in partnership with Baton Rouge-based consulting engineering firm, Assaf, Tauzin, Simoneaux, and Associates, Inc. ABMB provided civil engineering services for the project.
Do you have questions, or would you like to share comments about Woman's new campus development? We value your thoughts. Please email us now.