Visiting Hours, Rules & Regulations
We encourage all visitors to be very thoughtful about time spent in the hospital and ask them to help us provide a quiet, restful place for all patients.
- Visiting hours in general are between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily.
- After hours entry (9:00 PM-5:00 AM) to the hospital is available through the Main Hospital or Assessment entrances. All other doorways will be closed during these hours.
- Healthy children (no fever, runny nose, cough or recent exposure to contagious illness) may visit during regular visiting hours.
- An adult, other than the patient, must supervise child visitors at all times.
- Child visitors are not allowed to stay overnight.
- Generally, visitors should be limited to no more than one or two at a time.
- Parents of newborn and pediatric patients are not considered visitors, and may be present at all times except when asked to leave the patient’s room during a procedure or assessment.
- If a “Do Not Disturb” sign is on the patient’s door, please check with the nurse before going into the room.
- Please set cell phones and pagers to silent operation while in the hospital. All cell phones must be turned off prior to entering Woman’s Newborn and Infant Intensive Care Unit.
- Storage of outside food items is not available on all units, and should be arranged in advance.
Keeping Patients Healthy
- Wash your hands before and after touching your loved one or handling a new baby.
- Please do not come to the hospital, or bring children, with a fever, runny nose, sore throat, respiratory infection, skin sores or other contagious illness.
- Please do not come to the hospital if you, or your children, have been exposed to chicken pox, measles, mumps or whooping cough within the past three weeks. You could pass it on while visiting.
- Children should have up-to-date shots (immunizations).
Visiting Our Campus
- Woman’s Hospital is a smoke-free facility.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol are not allowed anywhere on the hospital’s campus.
- No firearms or other weapons are allowed on the hospital campus at any time.
- Visitors who refuse to adhere to hospital policies and guidelines or who behave in a disruptive manner will be asked to leave the hospital’s premises and may not be allowed to return.