Why are we unique?
The Physical Therapists that work at Woman's Center for Wellness are unique in that they are not only trained to treat patients with orthopedic issues, such as hip, knee and shoulder injuries, but they also specialize in women's health issues.
Our therapists have had extensive specialized training in pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence, lymphedema, and obstetrical issues. They are qualified to treat all of the following conditions:
- Pelvic Pain
- Interstitial Cystitis (IC)
- Pregnancy and Post-Partum Pain
Physical Therapists are trained in the restoration of physical function and are experts in the assessment and treatment of movement dysfunction. Therapists receive training that earn them a Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree.
Physical Therapists are required to pass a national board examination prior to practicing, and must maintain licensure in the state in which they work.
Annual continuing education is required as part of the licensing renewal process, thus insuring the information they use to treat their patients is up-to-date.
Many therapists specialize in particular forms of therapy, or gain experience working with a particular diagnosis.
Therapists are trained to assess you for a particular problem based on the diagnosis given to them by your physician. They are able to identify existing and potential problems that may arise due to your diagnosis. A typical evaluation consists of:
- Taking a detailed medical history, assessing your function and movement, and determining the root cause of your physical disability
- Working with you to establish an individualized plan of care that may include manual techniques, modalities, therapeutic exercises, and training in a home program
- Educating you on your condition, precautions, and/or limitations that you may have
Once a plan of care is established, sessions are scheduled, and treatment begins. The therapist will re-assess you on a regular basis to see how you are progressing and will modify your treatment plan as needed to help you reach your goals.