10 Reasons to Choose Woman's
Now that we’ve moved, here’s a Top 10 List of the things you love about Woman’s – that you’re sure to love even more at our new campus on Airline Highway at Stumberg!
1. The Best People
We have the most caring, compassionate team members who love what they do and love the people for whom they care. Generations of staff have worked at Woman’s, sharing their commitment to quality care and pride in being the best. It’s no wonder we’ve been voted one of the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare magazine five years running.
2. Outstanding Patient Satisfaction
We closely measure patient feedback on everything from our nursing care to the food we serve. More than 94 percent of our patients are “very satisfied,” but we continuously make improvements to enhance our patient experience. Many of the suggestions over the years have been incorporated at our new campus, such as improved parking and more comfortable rooms.
3. Focused On YOU
We are the only freestanding, nonprofit hospital for women and infants in the United States, which means we invest all our resources in the most up-to-date patient care technology and services. At Woman’s, you’ll find an understanding of your needs unequalled at other facilities.
4. The Region’s Most Experienced Leader in Women’s Healthcare
You gain quite a bit of experience when you spend 44 years solely focused on specialized care for women and infants. No one else in the region can match our expertise.
- 18th largest delivery hospital in the U.S.
- 7,000 surgeries, 47,000 breast procedures and 85,000 Pap tests performed each year
- More breast conservation surgeries than anywhere else in the community
5. The Region’s Premier Newborn and Infant Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Our Level III Regional NICU has served as home to thousands of Woman’s babies during the past 44 years. Our NICU includes the Newborn and Infant Intensive Care Unit and Transition Nursery. Unique features at our new hospital include:
- Private rooms with rockers
- Overnight accommodations for parents
- Rooms for multiple infants (twins, triplets)
- Bonding rooms for adoptions
6. OB/GYN Trust
Woman’s is the hospital trusted by more OB/GYNs than any other in the region, a reason why we’ve delivered nearly 300,000 babies since 1968. More than 65 OB/GYNs practice here and most of them chose Woman’s for the births of their own babies, lending credence to our reputation for wonderful and safe birthing experiences.
7. Amazing Nursing Care
Ask just about anyone who has experienced Woman’s nursing care and they will tell you that it’s second to none. Our peers agree.
- Designated as the area’s first Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center – the highest level of recognition for nursing excellence in the nation. Magnet hospitals create an environment where nurses can flourish in their profession and have a proven level of excellence in nursing care.
- Awarded 2012 Hospital of the Year by the Louisiana Nurses Foundation and Louisiana State Nurses Association. This honor was in recognition of our professional nursing staff, innovation in leadership, nurse involvement in decisionmaking and overall community support.
8. The Best Continuum of Care for Women
From birth to their golden years, women count on Woman’s for great care throughout their lives. Obstetrics, orthopedics, general surgery, GYN and private room colonoscopies, as well as cancer diagnosis, care and treatment… it’s all at one place.
9. Accreditation from Professionals and Peers
- Accredited Cancer Program
- Accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- First in Louisiana to receive Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- More than 30 years of continuous recognition for Woman’s Pathology Lab by the College of American Pathologists
10. Brand New Hospital!
Woman’s incredible new hospital represents the future of women and infants’ healthcare in the region. Some people have said the new facility reminds them of a fine hotel or spa. Even more important, we have added advanced technology and improved processes to make it patientcentered.