Expecting Success StudyAre you concerned about how much weight you will gain during your pregnancy?
Do you want help managing weight gain during your pregnancy?
Manage pregnancy weight gain with a lifestyle counselor in the Expecting Success Study!
- Prenatal vitamins provided at no cost to you
- Lab work at no cost to you
- Compensation for participation
Pennington Biomedical Research Center and Woman’s Hospital are seeking overweight and obese moms to participate in a weight management program designed to achieve healthy weight gain during pregnancy. This study will monitor changes in body weight and health throughout pregnancy and then the health of mom and baby for 1 year after birth.
- 3 visits during pregnancy
- Potentially participate in a weight management program during pregnancy
- 3 visits after delivery for you and your baby
You may qualify if you are:
- Pregnant and in the first trimester (before 12 weeks)
- 18-40 years old
- Overweight or obese
- Planning to deliver your baby at Woman’s Hospital
- Able to read, speak and understand English
- Living within the Baton Rouge area for the next two years
Earn up to $550 for participation.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Expecting Success study, email email@example.com or call 225-215-7980
For more information about the Expecting Success Study, visit our website at moms.pbrc.edu.
|The purpose of the Expecting Success research study is to test whether a personalized weight management program called SmartMoms can help overweight and obese pregnant women gain a healthy amount of weight during pregnancy.|