Woman’s Celebrates Move to New CampusWelcomes First and Last Baby with Donations and 2012 Time Capsule
The new Woman’s Hospital, one of the most advanced medical facilities in the Gulf South for women and infants, held a Ribbon Tying ceremony to symbolize its strengthening ties to the community during its first full day of regular operations. Alongside Teri Fontenot, Woman’s CEO and President, offering congratulatory remarks were Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne, Baton Rouge Mayor-President Kip Holden, DHH Secretary Bruce Greenstein, Woman’s Chief of Staff Dr. Terrie Thomas and Woman’s Chairman of the Board Dr. Jamar Melton. Also included in the ceremony was Dr. William Haile, Woman’s last living founder, Stan Shelton, Woman’s Senior Vice President of New Campus Development and the Greater Baton Rouge Children’s Chorus.
Stan Shelton, Senior Vice President of New Campus Construction, Sister Georgeann Parizek, Woman’s Chaplain, Bruce Greenstein, Secretary, Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Jamar Melton, MD, Chairman, Woman’s Hospital Board of Directors, William Haile, MD, Woman’s Founder, Teri G. Fontenot, President and CEO of Woman’s, Jay Dardenne, Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana, Kip Holden, EBR Mayor-President, Terrie Thomas, MD, Woman’s Chief of Staff
The new hospital transported via ambulance, 61 women and newborns and 60 NICU babies over 10 hours on Sunday, August 5. When the last patient left the hospital’s former Goodwood facility at 4:10 PM, that location closed. Woman’s preparation and readiness to care for patients was evident as a critically ill infant successfully underwent surgery in the NICU operating room at the new campus on opening day. The first baby’s cries were heard at the new Woman’s campus at 12:54 PM; the last baby was delivered at the old Goodwood campus at 1:23 PM. Both infants were girls.
- 12:54 PM, August 5, 2012 - First baby born at Woman’s New Campus: “Charlie” Lian (mother “Tammy” Lian)
- 1:23 PM, August 5, 2012 - Last baby born at the Woman’s Goodwood location: Taliyah Gales (mother Eddreal Adams)
first baby born at new Woman’s,
with her mother Tammy Lian
last baby born at Woman’s Goodwood,
with her mother Eddreal Adams
The first and last baby families each received a year’s worth of diapers compliments of Louisiana Women's Healthcare, a two-hour house cleaning donated by Guarantee Girls and a 2012 time capsule from Woman’s . Time capsule items include the following:
- 2012 Price list of everyday items and the 2012 Farmer’s Almanac.
- Louisiana: August 5, 2012 edition of The Advocate, 225 and the Baton Rouge Business Report. Louisiana Bicentennial stamps, and Mardi Gras beads.
- U.S./World: Presidential bumper stickers for the Obama and Romney campaigns, 2012 Summer Olympics London Pin, and USA Today, and TIME magazine.
- Food trends: Cupcake box, Starbucks and CC’s coffee cup holder, Baton Rouge Food Truck Flyer, a bottle of SmartWater, Whole Foods paper bag, reusable Fresh Market grocery bag.
- Technology: ipad box (empty), Twitter bird, a hybrid Prius car brochure and a Tervis Tumbler.
- Woman’s: Woman’s Ribbon Tying Invitation, Woman’s Baby Onesie.
- Fashion/Entertainment: Ice Age movie toy and the August editions of People, Vogue, and Rolling Stone.
- Sports: New Orleans Saints, LSU, and Southern University memorabilia and Sports Illustrated (August).