The Countdown is On!Move Information
One day until Woman’s shuts its doors on Goodwood and relocates to its brand new campus at the corner of Airline and Stumberg, near Pecue Lane. The 43-year-old hospital’s massive, multi-faceted patient move has been a process that has required more than a year of planning. “While the hospital has taken measures to help reduce its inpatient census for the 8 to 12-hour patient move, both locations will have full surgical capabilities should an emergency arise. We will actually be operating two hospitals during the move,” explains Tricia Johnson, RN, Woman’s Chief Nursing Executive.
Below is a daily timeline that outlines our moving process. The hospital is already implementing temporary measures to downsize its patients for the move. Woman’s will begin moving into its replacement facility at 100 Woman’s Way at 6:00 AM on Sunday, August 5 in what is anticipated to be a 8 to 12-hour process.
Tuesday July 31
- No scheduled Respiratory Therapy outpatient procedures after 5:00 PM
Wednesday August 1
- No scheduled elective surgeries after 5:00 PM
- Emergency surgery capability for adults and infants will continue through move day
Thursday August 2
- No scheduled elective deliveries after 12:00 PM
Friday August 3
- NICU infants requiring re-admittance will be diverted to another hospital after 12:00 PM
Saturday August 4
- NICU infants transported to Woman’s will be diverted to another hospital beginning at 7:00 AM
- Attending physicians will assess all patients that are scheduled to be moved via ambulance
Sunday August 5
- Woman’s New Campus opens at 5:00 AM and the Goodwood campus closes simultaneously
- Patient move from Goodwood to the new campus begins at 6:00 AM
Monday August 6
- NICU resumes readmitting patients and accepting outside infants at 7:00 AM
- Elective surgeries and deliveries resume
- Outpatient Respiratory Therapy procedures resume
Woman’s Goodwood location will stop accepting new patients at 5:00 AM on Sunday, August 5, as the new facility will simultaneously open its doors as Woman’s new home for medical care.
All patients will be transported via ambulance from the Goodwood location to the new hospital at the corner of Airline Highway and Stumberg, near Pecue Lane. The Goodwood location will close permanently once the last patient has been transported to the new facility.