Questions to Ask When Considering Cosmetic Surgery
When you meet with the health care provider, the following questions can be asked to help make an informed decision about the treatment(s) you are considering:
- How many of these procedures do you perform a year?
- Where were you trained to do this procedure?
- What are the potential benefits and risks of this treatment?
- How much does the treatment cost?
- Are you board certified in a specialty area such as plastic surgery?
- What should I do to prepare for the procedure?
- Are there any medications I should avoid before my treatment?
- Is there any activity I should avoid after the treatment?
- What results can I expect from this treatment?
- Can an optional procedure be combined with my surgery?
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Why do I want this treatment and what are the results I want to achieve?
- Can I afford the desired treatments?
- Have I set realistic expectations?
- Do I have the time for healing that this treatment may require?
- Do I understand all the treatment benefits and risks?