Our New Hospital Campus Microsite
October 12, 2011
With the new Woman’s Hospital set to open summer 2012, Woman’s has launched a microsite to keep the community informed on its progress. At www.newwomans.org, the public can now get a preview of what to expect at the new hospital, including a tour of patient rooms. The site also includes a list of physicians’ offices that will move to the new campus. Additional resources with information about the new hospital include Woman’s Facebook page, Twitter feed, and womans.org.
- Imaging & Mammography
- Labor & Delivery
- Oncology patient rooms
- Center for Newborn and Infant Care (CNIC), including the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Infusion and Chemotherapy Center
- Assessment Center (An urgent care center for women, treating labor, emergency obstetrical, gynecological or breast problems, and victims of sexual assault)
- Woman’s Cafeteria & Plaza
- Family waiting areas and lounges
Today, Woman’s serves not only Baton Rouge, but a thriving region of surrounding communities. A 2005 study of the hospital's strategic priorities concluded that Woman's was becoming increasingly undersized, and without significant improvements and expansion, would no longer be able to meet the health needs of women and infants in the community. The new hospital will be an amazing facility that will allow Woman’s to not only continue serving the community, but to improve care and easily grow to meet future needs.