Select Another Department Patient Accounting
Woman's Patient Accounting department is responsible for billing and collection on all patient accounts. Within our business office there are several divisions that work together to accomplish this:
- Our financial counselor works with all patients without insurance in order to apply for Medicaid programs. She also takes applications for our in-house financial assistance program after exhausting all efforts with Medicaid and other third party payors.
- Verification representatives make sure all inpatient and Day Surgery patient precertifications are obtained wherever applicable.
- Customer service/billing representatives appropriately file claims to insurance or the patient in order to receive reimbursement. They also have the responsibility of answering and responding to requests received on the main phone line.
- Accounts receivable representatives post all payments received.
- Senior patient account representatives monitor accounts and perform recovery activities to bring accounts to a quick resolution.
- Revenue management analysts work all accounts requiring medical necessity appeals and/or additional information to resolve account balances.