8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Woman's Hospital, 100 Woman's Way, Baton Rouge, LA 70817
J.E. Dunn Conference Center Rooms
This comprehensive 2-day instructor-led course is intended to enhance and validate the ability to interpret and respond to fetal heart monitoring tracings.
Skills taught and knowledge assessed include:
· Maternal and fetal physiology
· Interpretation of fetal and uterine monitor tracings
· Evaluation of auscultated fetal heart sounds
· Leopold's Maneuvers
· Placement of fetal spiral electrodes and intrauterine pressure catheters
· Evaluation of and strategies for enhancing communication
The fee of $399 includes the student pack.
- Prior to attending, you should give consideration to borrowing or purchasing “Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles and Practices”, available from AWHONN. Textbook is available for $74.95 and e-book is available for $34.95 (as of 1/29/19).
The course is presented nationwide and may be used to validate knowledge and skills of perinatal clinicians who utilize fetal monitoring in the intrapartum setting.
Contact Hours: Provided by AWHONN. Must attend the entire course and complete an online feedback form.
Special Needs: If you need special assistance due to a disability recognized by the ADA, please call 225-231-5475 to request assistance.
Registration is required and will close 1 month prior to the offering to allow adequate time to prepare resources.