An Interdisciplinary Continuing Education Offering for nurses and social workers.
Other interested health care providers are invited to attend.
August 23, 2019
12:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Woman's Hospital JE Dunn Conference Center, Conference Rooms 1 & 2
Alexis Edwards, LCSW, Owner/Doula/Therapist, Birth 360, Austin, TX
Courtney Butts, LCSW, Therapist, Realistic Expectations & Certified Doula/Birth Educator, SRB & Dallas Birth Doulas, Dallas, TX
At the end of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the need and meaning of Trauma-informed Care.
- Explore Polyvagal Theory and the role a support person can play in trauma recovery.
- Review the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Explore the unique challenges trauma survivors might face during birth and postpartum.
- Describe the unique challenges survivors of color face.
- Discuss the dynamics of stress response & how to help survivors feel grounded
- Describe the types of support, resources and treatment available to survivors.
- Enhance support services to pregnant/postpartum persons experiencing current or past abuse or trauma.
3.75 Contact Hours are awarded for this offering by Woman’s Hospital, Baton Rouge, LA, an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing, Provider #19. You must attend the entire offering and complete the evaluation form to receive the contact hours.
This program was approved for 4.0 clinical contact hour(s) of continuing education credit by the National Association of Social Workers—Louisiana Chapter as authorized by the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners.
Individuals needing assistance due to a disability recognized by the ADA should notify Educational Services, 225-924-8295.