Understanding the special nature of a multiple pregnancy is an important part of prenatal care. Marvelous Multiples® at Woman's is a prenatal education class series that offers expectant parents information about many of the aspects of multiple pregnancy and birth that are not covered in the other childbirth education classes. Register as soon as you learn you are pregnant with multiples.
- The Marvelous Multiples® program is tailored to meet the needs of the participants with information about:
- Nutrition and weight gain for twin and higher-order multiple pregnancy
- Appropriate activities and exercise
- Coping with discomforts of multiple pregnancy
- How to handle bed rest
- Warning signs of pregnancy complications and current methods of treatment
- Tests commonly used to monitor multiple pregnancies
- Premature babies and the NICU
- Vaginal or cesarean birth –how is the decision made?
- Labor and birth of multiples and options for anesthesia and pain management
- Recovery and postpartum changes
- Bonding with multiple newborns
- Managing life at home with two, three, or more babies
- Breastfeeding multiple babies
- Essential equipment – strollers, beds, clothing, diapers, etc.
The fee is per couple.
Other classes to consider:
Register as soon as you learn you are pregnant with multiples and plan to attend class early in your second trimester.
This series consists of two, two hour classes and is held 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM.; the third class is 2 1/2 hours and is held 6:30 PM -9:00 PM.
Registration Instructions: Select Add to Cart. Please register under the mom's name as the Attendee Name. The spouse or partner should register as the guest as the Guest Name. Then select Continue. Next select Checkout to proceed with your registration.
For more information on multiples visit www.marvelousmultiples.com.
Special Needs: If you need special assistance due to a disability recognized by the ADA, please call 225-231-5475 to request assistance.