2016 Fact Sheet
Woman's mission is to improve the health of women and infants.
Woman’s Hospital was one of the first women’s specialty hospitals in the nation, and is currently one of the largest in the United States. Opened in November 1968, Woman’s is a private, nonprofit organization that is consistently recognized for its innovative women’s and infants programs.
- Annually, Woman’s performs more than 7,500 surgeries, 44,000 mammograms, and 59,000 pap screens.
- Woman’s is the 17th largest delivery service in the United States and the largest in Louisiana.
- For the past eight years, Woman’s has consecutively been named one of Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare, and the second consecutive year Best Places to Work by the Baton Rouge Business Report.
- Woman’s was the first area hospital to achieve Nursing Magnet® status.
- Named a 2015 Guardian of Excellence Award” by Press Ganey Associates, Inc. for outstanding patient experience, and received a four star ranking in patient experience from the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS).
Woman's at a Glance:
- Licensed hospital beds: 168
- Licensed NICU beds: 72
- Employees: 1,831
- Annual surgeries: 7,510
- Annual births: 8,720
- Pap tests: 59,227
- Annual breast procedures: more than 44,000
Woman’s Services and Facilities:
- Level III Regional Obstetrics Unit
- Level III Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine center
- Prenatal and women’s health education
- Surgery: Pediatric, gynecologic, urologic, plastic/reconstructive, general
- Genetic counseling
- Breast and gynecologic oncology
- Bariatric surgery
- Pediatric subspecialty clinics
- Speech, physical and occupational therapy
- Osteoporosis assessment
- Respiratory therapy/EKG
- Woman’s Center for Wellness
- Woman’s Fitness Club
- Imaging services and laboratory services