COVID-19 Guidelines for Pregnant Women
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced that pregnant women with COVID-19 may be at an increased risk of a more severe illness than women who are not pregnant.
As the area’s leader in women’s health, Woman’s Hospital physicians are encouraging pregnant women to take additional precautions to protect their health and the health of their baby.
- Talk to your health care provider.
- Do not skip prenatal care appointments.
- Wear a mask in public.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Limit interactions with other people.
- During the last two weeks of your pregnancy, stay away from others.
- Inform your doctor prior to your visit if you have fever or cough.
Woman’s continues to promote increased infection prevention protocols on campus, including limited visitation, screenings and temperature checks, and mask requirements for all staff, patients and visitors.
Learn more about Woman’s fight against COVID-19.